Would you like to work for a dynamic, exciting overseas aid agency in Dublin with the opportunity to travel occasionally to East Africa, work with our teams there and visit our incredible programmes?
Vita is an Irish development partner working with communities in Africa to fight hunger and climate change. Our mission is to achieve thriving rural economies in Africa with access to services, markets and livelihoods for all.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and responsible individual, possibly a recent graduate, with the right temperament to work with our small team.
Great interpersonal skills are essential, alongside excellent communications and organisational skills and preferably some field experience. Working to the Programme Manager, you will be joining a very energetic and experienced team with a strong sense of purpose as well as a great collective sense of humour.
You should be ready to:
- Support the M&E function of our programmes in Ethiopia and Eritrea
- Support the Programme Manager in project development
- Co-ordinate reporting linkages between country programmes and Dublin
- Support grant proposals & reporting
- Represent Vita at various fora, meetings of peers and partners in Ireland
The right person will also: –
- Be comfortable with a certain amount of autonomy and able to work on your own initiative
- Embrace being part of a close-knit team
- Have excellent report writing skills (feel free to include samples with your application)
- Be a good organiser and multi-tasker
- Have a proven track record in the development sector
- Have experience of project co-ordination and administration
- Be willing and excited to travel to our programme countries
Send your CV and a short cover letter please by 15h MAY to firstname.lastname@example.org – Thank you for your interest!