Would you like to work for a dynamic, exciting overseas aid agency in Dublin with the opportunity to travel occasionally to East Africa and visit our programmes there?
Vita, an Irish INGO building sustainable livelihoods in East Africa, is seeking a Programme Intern to join its Dublin office.
The right candidate will liaise with Vita’s Programmes Teams in Dublin, Ethiopia and Eritrea to support the development and writing of project proposals, manage activities that engage the Irish public in development and climate justice issues, and gain valuable experience in the realm of climate finance and sustainable development. Working to the Programmes Officer, you will be joining a very energetic and experienced team with a strong sense of purpose as well as a great collective sense of humour.
Duration: 9 months
Reporting to: Vita Programme Officer
Starting: 1 March
Stipend: €1000 per month approx.
Deadline for Applications: Friday, 28th February
How to Apply: Send in your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vita is an innovative and dynamic development organisation working in East Africa to deliver access to clean water, food security, and renewable energy through initiatives such as the Irish Potato Coalition and the Vita Green Impact Fund. We are strongly focused on tackling climate change and delivering climate justice to rural African families through the creation of sustainable livelihoods. We champion a community-led development model that shifts away from traditional approaches to aid. We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and responsible individual with the right temperament to work with us in delivering our life-transforming programmes. The candidate must have a professional manner, the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- To support the development of project proposals at every stage of the process including: coordination; research; liaising with in-country staff; proposal writing; editing
- To manage Vita’s activities that engage the Irish public in development issues, with a focus on climate action
- To assist in the coordination of at least one in-country workshop / event
- To participate in international development working groups and forums
- To support the Programme team with all aspects of their work
- Good knowledge of, and interest in the international development sector
- Minimum third-level degree qualification in a relevant area
- Excellent writing skills
- Proven experience of working in a team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Being part of a small, close-knit team
- Given the responsibility, space and structure to demonstrate ability and to excel
- Travel to at least one of the countries Vita works in
- Exposure to EU and Irish Aid programme cycle management procedures
- Experience the role of climate finance in development
Vita is committed to safeguarding people within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and has specific policies on this commitment which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, consultants, and other organisational representatives.
Any candidate offered an internship with us will be expected to sign our Safeguarding Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents. Specific roles may require police/Garda vetting.